Starting date: January, 2019
Ending date: January, 2020
The main goals of the project is to raise awareness of citizens about the urban birds and increase their valuation of local biodiversity through their engagement in different educational and awareness programs.
Within the frames of the project, wide range of field activities took place, such as urban birding walks, wild challenge, turning yards in bird friendly gardens, big day counts, team counts, etc.
Activities aiming to achieve the project’s main goal included, but were not limited to:
- Creating and launching the first mobile application SABUKO bird app to discover bird species from Georgia
- Contributing data to Biodiversity Map of Tbilisi by National Botanical Garden of Georgia
- Moving already introduced Nature Walks to a new level – Urban Bird Walks
- Creating Urban Birding Guide of Tbilisi highlighting the uniqueness of Tbilisi’s birdlife
- Installing interactive stations along selected Urban Bird Trail
- Launching a campaign Wild Challange
- Holding 3-day Bird Ringing Camp in Botanical Garden
- Joining international campaigns